Contact us

Our Customer Services Team will be able to help you with enquiries relating to your PIP appointment or your case generally.

We have two customer service contact numbers; the correct number for you to call is dependent on where you live in the United Kingdom.

Scroll down to find the number you need to call.

Our contact details

  • Phone us

    To find the relevant contact number for your area, please enter the first part of your postcode, for example RG1 or BB12, into the box below and click “Find”.


DWP PIP helpline

For enquiries about your PIP claim, please contact DWP PIP Helpline:

Areas of operation

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) ask Independent Assessment Services or Capita to assess people who are claiming Personal Independence Payments (PIP).

Independent Assessment Services

Independent Assessment Services provide PIP assessments in the North East and North West of England, London, the South East, East of England, South West England and Scotland. 


Capita carries out Personal Independence Payment assessments for DWP in Central England, Wales and on behalf of the SSA in Northern Ireland.

Postcode Map

Download our postcode map showing Independent Assessment Services and Capita areas of operation.


Contact Capita

If you live in Central England, Northern Ireland or Wales, and need to change your appointment, you should contact the Capita Enquiry Centre.